Wells Fork Bridge
Photo taken by Elliott Johnson in March 2014
BH Photo #331949
AS of 3-29-14, it looks as though some deck work has been done, as some utility work has been done in the area as well, although the deck is still in pretty bad shape.
UPDATE; July 14, 2015; Bridge is gone, replaced by UCEB, had a hard time finding it because the maps all say this is CR800; it is actually CR700 per the road sign. Beyond the new bridge the road is pretty washed up.
- Bedstead Pony truss bridge over Wells Fork on CR700/800N, 4.5 mi. south of Timewell
- Brown County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Future prospects
- Replaced by a UCEB sometime in 2014
- Built 1905, Replaced 2014
- Bedstead Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 74.7 ft.
Deck width: 13.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94380, -90.87653 (decimal degrees)
39°56'38" N, 90°52'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/681414/4423678 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 1 S., R. 4 W., Sec. 32
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 005-3406 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15023 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 24, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- July 15, 2015: Updated by Elliott Johnson: fixed route information as nbi survey shows this one road is both cr 700 and 800
- July 14, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added photos of new UCEB; Changed Bridge status to replaced
- March 30, 2014: Updated by Elliott Johnson: changed status to open, added description
- Elliott Johnson - elliottsgon15 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com