Adams County Fairgrounds Pony Bridge
Southern End of Bridge
Both ends are blocked by big logs. This bridge is in a small draw in the woods on the southeast edge of the Adams County Fairgrounds.
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard
BH Photo #292620
Bridge was removed ~2003 from Adams County CR 1800N/CR 725E by Adams County Road Dept. It originally spanned Frazier creek on a little used dirt road. The original location was approx 1 mile north & west of the US24/IL96 jct between Quincy & Ursa, IL. Adams Road Dept was going to scrap this structure but discovered it to be NHRP registered; instead it was offered to the Adams County Olde Tyme Assn and moved to the Adams County Fairgrounds. During a recent deep cold snap (winter 2013-14) a structural member froze and broke. The OTA jacked it up and supported it until some future point when it might be repaired. At present there is no budget $$ for that.
Webmaster's Note: Previous location of bridge was at coordinates 40.02217, -91.37202.
- Pony truss bridge over a branch of Honey Creek at Adams County Fairgrounds
- Adams County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Future prospects
- Preserved in alternate location by Adams County Olde Tyme Assn. Can be accessed by fair goers by foot traffic at back of Adams County Fairgrounds.
- Originally located over Frazier Creek on CR 1800N/CR 725E; later relocated to fairgrounds
- 3 Panel Warren Pony Truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Frazier Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.05294, -91.26564 (decimal degrees)
40°03'11" N, 91°15'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/647933/4435073 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 001-3066 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 58728 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 18, 2017: Merged duplicate pages
- October 14, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Corrected original CR location over Frazier Creek, hopefully more details to follow.
- August 29, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added photos and minor update of description.
- November 7, 2013: Added by Nathan Holth
- Nathan Holth
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com