Fall Creek Branch Bridge
Bridge is west, just past farm field entrance, on north side of road. About 20 yards upstream of current concrete box culvert. Better accessed anytime other than summer/early fall due to undergrowth.
- Stringer bridge with stone abutments over a branch of Fall Creek, just north of 223rd Lane (Payson Lane)
- Adams County, Illinois
- Abandoned and in jeopardy of collapsing
- Steel stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.79157, -91.28724 (decimal degrees)
39°47'30" N, 91°17'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/646648/4406026 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 14983 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 27, 2016: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- April 5, 2016: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Drove past, April 4th, 2016, one of the steel slab stringers is indeed dropping into the creek. Gravity will do it's job soon.
- October 1, 2014: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Corrected location of bridge. Still standing Sept 2014.
- April 3, 2006: Posted new photos
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com