Buskirk Ford Bridge
McKee Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Chris Gonnerman in March 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #228886
Originally, this bridge was called Buskirk Ford per local news clipping. August Lange was the stonemason & foreman of this job. He worked for the Gottlieb S. Busch Co, who were the local contractors of record.
- Through truss bridge over McKee Creek on TR 416, 4.7 mi. west of Kellerville
- Adams County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1885 by the Morse Bridge Company
- - Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 71.8 ft.
Total length: 90.8 ft.
Deck width: 13.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.1 ft.
- Also called
- McKee Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.92833, -91.03111 (decimal degrees)
39°55'42" N, 91°01'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/668245/4421658 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 001-3196 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 14987 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 26, 2018: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- January 9, 2018: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- November 29, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- November 29, 2017: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- July 18, 2015: Updated by Elliott Johnson: erected in 1885, found date specifics in stonework
- July 15, 2015: New photos from Elliott Johnson
- July 14, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Add brief history of actual men & contractor who built bridge.
- October 16, 2014: New photos from K. Allen Ballard
- April 1, 2012: New photos from Chris Gonnerman
- May 5, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and changed date
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Chris Gonnerman
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com
- Elliott Johnson - elliottsgon15 [at] hotmail [dot] com