Bear Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239132
Bridge is now closed by means of Steel Guard rails and big piles of dirt / gravel both ends. Beautiful setting, good photog opportunities.
- Pony truss bridge over Bear Creek on W Adams St, 0.5 mi. southwest of Loraine
- Adams County, Illinois
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Unknown Prospects
- Built 1905
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 85.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.14544, -91.23264 (decimal degrees)
40°08'44" N, 91°13'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/650544/4445397 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 001-3071 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 14978 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 23.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- March 24, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update Status; add new photos
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com