MILW - Small Creek Tunnel #1
Tunnel 23 on the MILW Pacific Extension. Bypassed by the Route of the Hiawatha Trail in light of its poor structural condition.
- Abandoned tunnel on Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad
- Shoshone County, Idaho
- Derelict/abandoned & collapsing
- Built 1909
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
Total length: 279.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 22.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW - Tunnel No. 23
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.35309, -115.64228 (decimal degrees)
47°21'11" N, 115°38'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/602538/5245296 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Shefoot Mountain
- Inventory number
- BH 66368 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 1, 2015: Added by Ian Martin