Old River Road Bridge
The bridge in Dante's peak
BH Photo #419129
The bridge destroyed
Play video on YouTube
This bridge was featured in the 1997 movie Dante's Peak the famous scene were the bridge was destroyed used a exact mixture of the bridge it also the actual bridge also appears in other scenes.
- Through truss bridge over North Fork Coeur d'Alene River on Old River Road
- Shoshone County, Idaho
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930 featured in the 1997 movie Dante's Peak
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 264.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
- Also called
- Dante's peak bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.56968, -116.25310 (decimal degrees)
47°34'11" N, 116°15'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/556177/5268743 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ID 30785 (Idaho bridge number)
BH 14958 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 31.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 7, 2018: New photos from Leslie R Trick
- March 6, 2018: New video from Leslie R Trick
- April 14, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn