CSP - Half Moon Trestle
Half moon Tresle
BH Photo #253932
One of more than a dozen century-old wooden trestles along abandoned Camas Prairie Railroad; this graceful curved trestle is perhaps the most famous. 141 feet high.
- Timber stringer bridge on Railroad
- Lewis County, Idaho
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1907, abandoned 2000
- - Camas Prairie Railroad (CSP)
- Northern Pacific Railroad (NP)
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 684.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.32486, -116.57414 (decimal degrees)
46°19'29" N, 116°34'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/532782/5130230 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 56259 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2013: Updated by Zachary S: Added categories "Curved", "Railroad", "Tall Bridges", "Abandoned"