Portneuf River Bridge
US-30 Portneuf River Bridge
US-30 Portneuf River Bridge as seen from the Old Oregon Trail Road on June 29, 2009, at this time they are just starting to build the first half of the new bridge that will replace this one.
Photo taken by Jolly Goodfellow in June 29, 2009
BH Photo #245820
This bridge was replaced in 2010 by a wider 4 lane bridge. they built half of the new bridge next to the old bridge, then moved traffic over to the new half in 2010 and replaced this bridge with the other half of the new bridge.
- Through truss bridge over UPRR and canal on US 30
- Bannock County, Idaho
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1949; rehabilitated 1984
- Riveted polygonal Warren through truss with supplemental end posts holding an altered portal bracing.
Length of largest span: 180.1 ft.
Total length: 379.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 22.5 ft.
- Also called
- US Highway 30, Union Pacific Overpass, old Oregon trail bridge.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.62314, -112.11789 (decimal degrees)
42°37'23" N, 112°07'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/408327/4719572 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lava Hot Springs
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- ID 13705 (Idaho bridge number)
BH 14819 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 48.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 19, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Fixed GPS, Added Info, Street View