Union Trail - Little Sioux River Bridge
Bridge has two trusses. The removed span was built in 1887 by Union Bridge Company. In 1911, an 1881 span, also built by Union Bridge Company was added on wooden piers. This span was relocated from an unknown location.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Little Sioux River on the Union Bridge Trail
- Correctionville, Woodbury County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1887, 1881 Span Added 1911, Partially Removed Ca. 1999; Converted to Trail 2006
- - Union Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York & Athens, Pennsylvania
- - Illinois Central Railroad (IC)
- 256' Wooden trestle
1-150' Pratt Through Truss (Built 1887)
1-122' Pratt Through Truss (Built 1881, Relocated Here 1911)
137' Wooden Trestle
All except for 122' Pratt Truss removed after abandonedment in 1977
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 672.0 ft.
Deck width: 31.0 ft.
- Also called
- IC - Little Sioux River Bridge #5
IC - Bridge #T22.3
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.46856, -95.79228 (decimal degrees)
42°28'07" N, 95°47'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/270446/4705580 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49888 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 14, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Corrected Build Date
- March 31, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Illinois Central Railroad"
- December 16, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- April 5, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Readjusted the information on the bridge
- October 23, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com