IC - Little Sioux River Bridge #4
Correctionville Rail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2016
BH Photo #372872
Bridge had three trusses. The removed spans were built in 1881 by Union Bridge Company. These spans were brought in during 1911, and placed on wooden piers. They were relocated from an unknown location. The other span was built in 1886 by the Union Bridge Company, and was original to the bridge.
- Abandoned Pratt Through Truss Bridge over Little Sioux River on Abandoned Illinois Central Railroad
- Correctionville, Woodbury County, Iowa
- Most Removed but not replaced
- Built 1886, 1881 Truss Spans added 1911, Mostly Removed Ca. 1999
- - Union Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York & Athens, Pennsylvania
- - Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- 123' wooden trestle
2-122' Pratt Through Trusses
1-175' Pratt Through Truss
103' wooden trestle
All except for 175' truss removed
Length of largest span: 175.0 ft.
Total length: 657.0 ft.
Deck width: 36.0 ft.
- Also called
- IC - Bridge #T20.8
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.48716, -95.78727 (decimal degrees)
42°29'14" N, 95°47'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/270925/4707632 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51960 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 14, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Corrected Build Date
- August 16, 2016: New Street View added by Luke
- December 16, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- November 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- April 5, 2012: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com