Old Kendallville Bridge
Pier foundation below the surface
Photo taken by Don Morrison in January 2014
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #273136
Information on the bridge courtesy of IaDOT's Historic Bridge Survey conducted in the 1990s. No photo of the bridge prior to its replacement.
- Lost Bridge over Upper Iowa River on Old alignment of Iowa 139
- Winneshiek County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1930
- - A. Olson Construction Co. of Waterloo, Iowa
- Riveted Pratt through truss bridge
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 257.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.44135, -92.03610 (decimal degrees)
43°26'29" N, 92°02'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/578001/4810279 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cresco NE
- Inventory number
- BH 59273 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 21, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "A. Olson Construction Co."
- January 20, 2014: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information about the bridge
- January 19, 2014: Updated by Don Morrison: Added category "Mystery"
- Don Morrison
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com