Bear Creek Bridge
Per field visit, this pony truss bridge has been replaced with a bridge consisting of two retired flat car rail cars placed side by side. Appears replacement was fairly recent, perhaps earlier this year (2019), or last year (2018).
- Pony truss bridge over Bear Creek on Bear Creek Road
- Winneshiek County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge consisting of two retired side by side flat car railcars
- Built 1915
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 52.2 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.44552, -91.68917 (decimal degrees)
43°26'44" N, 91°41'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/606068/4811125 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 100 N., R. 07 W., Sec. 28
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 349290 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14713 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 14, 2019: Updated by Patrick S. O'Donnell: Bridge has been replaced
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net