RI - Skunk River Bridge
Walking SW down the old ROW
The bridge is a good mile or so down the former ROW from the road crossing where I walked in.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in March 2013
BH Photo #251741
Total length is approximate
- Lost DPG Bridge over Skunk River on Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad
- Washington County, Iowa
- Removed with piers and abutments remaining
- Built 1943, abandoned and removed 1983
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- 4 - 100' DPG
6 - 70' DPG
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 750.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rock Island Bridge #2540
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.19175, -91.76025 (decimal degrees)
41°11'30" N, 91°45'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/603963/4560784 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53257 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 19, 2016: New photo from Luke
- August 26, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added info from track chart
- March 29, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- January 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date range and arial imagery link.
- November 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Skunk River", "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- August 26, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Added category "Railroad"