North River Bridge
Aerial imagery hints that the bridge may have actually collapsed in early 2008 and was then subsequently removed. Due to the huge amount of tree debris it is tough to determine if there is a span laying in the water.
- Lost through truss bridge over North River on 100th Avenue
- Warren County, Iowa
- Built 1900; removed 2008
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 78.1 ft.
Total length: 114.2 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.46647, -93.61616 (decimal degrees)
41°27'59" N, 93°36'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/448546/4590725 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Scotch Ridge
- Land survey
- T. 77 N., R. 24 W., Sec. 22
- Inventory numbers
- IA 335310 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14636 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Sufficiency rating: 15 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 3, 2014: Updated by Kevin Skow: Added year of demolition
- July 22, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: This bridge has been removed
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com