Spring Hill Bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith in August 2011
BH Photo #211016
This bridge was removed entirely sometime in 2012.
- Lost parker through truss bridge over Middle River on a local road
- Warren County, Iowa
- This bridge was removed entirely sometime in 2012.
- Built 1906; removed 2012
- - Clinton Bridge & Iron Works of Clinton, Iowa
- Pin-connected Parker through truss with A-frame portal bracing
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 191.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Middle River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.39419, -93.67386 (decimal degrees)
41°23'39" N, 93°40'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/443666/4582736 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 76 N., R. 24 W., Sec. 18
- Inventory numbers
- IA 334580 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14631 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 20.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- March 6, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added categories 2011 "Othmar H. Ammann Nominee", "Othmar H Ammann Award winner"
- August 30, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: This bridge has been abandoned for a very long time
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com