RI - Cliffland Bridge
At some point after this bridge was abandoned in 1980 and its rails were removed, a wooden covering was installed over the center DPG span by the private owner.
Note: total length is approximate
- Deck plate girder bridge over unknown creek on abandoned railroad (former RI)
- Wapello County, Iowa
- Abandoned for rail usage 1980, converted to covered bridge by private owner
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Keokuk & Des Moines Railway (K&DM)
- 4 Panel Open Deck Pile Trestle
1 Sp. 44' Deck plate girder
2 Panel Open Deck Pile Trestle
Length of largest span: 44.0 ft.
Total length: 134.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI Br. #701
Homemade Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.96444, -92.32354 (decimal degrees)
40°57'52" N, 92°19'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/556921/4535030 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 74259 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 3, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Keokuk & Des Moines Railway", "Abingdon Coal & Iron Railroad", "Covered Railroad Bridge", "Covered"
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com