Squaw Creek Park Trail Bridge
Part of the Ames-Slater CNW line.
- Lost through Plate Girder bridge over Squaw Creek on Trail
- Ames, Story County, Iowa
- Replaced by a MOB
- Built 1917, Abandoned & converted to trail use in 1984, Damaged by ice in 2009., Damaged by floodwaters in 2010 & Closed, Replaced in November 2012
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- 4 Spans Trestle
3 Spans Trestle
Length of largest span: 75.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
- Also called
- CNW - Squaw Creek Bridge (S)
CNW - Bridge #829
Squaw Creek Trail Bridge
Squaw Creek Park Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.01567, -93.62193 (decimal degrees)
42°00'56" N, 93°37'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/448505/4651703 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ames East
- Inventory number
- BH 49122 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 30, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date
- March 10, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Bridge has been replaced.
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- July 25, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- March 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Riveted"
- March 7, 2012: New photos from Luke Harden
- February 16, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"
- January 23, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- December 11, 2011: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: updated descriptor
- August 21, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs
- August 19, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Ravaged by flooding, but still standing
- August 4, 2011: New photo from Luke Harden
- July 27, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: added girder type
- July 16, 2011: Added by Luke Harden
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- deviantArt - During the 2008 flood
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com