UP - Horse Tunnel
The ISU "Horse Tunnel"
From south side
Photo taken by John Marvig in July 2012
BH Photo #236013
It's called "Horse Tunnel" due to its proximity to the ISU horse barn.
It's called by its other names, "Freddy Court Tunnel"/"Frederiksen Court Tunnel" because it's one of the many walking/cycling routes to get to the Frederiksen Court student residences.
- Tunnel under railroad on sidewalk on Iowa State University Campus
- Ames, Story County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1900; Sidewalk installed 1962
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 1 span Stone Tunnel
Span length: 12.0 ft.
Total length: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Freddy Court Tunnel
Frederiksen Court Tunnel
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.03124, -93.64164 (decimal degrees)
42°01'52" N, 93°38'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/446886/4653443 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ames West
- Inventory number
- BH 50372 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 16, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added dates
- November 11, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- December 29, 2013: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- November 19, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- July 25, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- January 18, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Open to pedestrians
- November 30, 2011: Added by Luke Harden