UP 6th Street Overpass
Built in 1900 to serve as a flood drainage structure. When Squaw Creek was at flood stage this structure allowed floodwaters to escape, taking the pressure off the main creek bridge and the railroad's elevated right-of-way. The current bridge was installed in 1938
- Deck plate girder bridge over 6th Street on Union Pacific Railroad
- Ames, Story County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 38.1 ft.
Total length: 38.1 ft.
Deck width: 32.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.02814, -93.63214 (decimal degrees)
42°01'41" N, 93°37'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/447670/4653094 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Ames West
- Inventory numbers
- IA 501500 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 49399 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/1998)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- April 23, 2013: New photos from Luke Harden
- April 14, 2012: New photos from Luke Harden
- February 16, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- September 1, 2011: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- August 23, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date and description
- August 22, 2011: Added by Luke Harden
- Luke Harden - lukemh9 [at] gmail [dot] com