Lincoln Highway South Skunk River Bridge (Old)
Bridge at original location before being relocated to 150th Street
© Iowa Department of Transportation
BH Photo #256948
Built to replace bridge lost in 1918 flooding, removed from it's location there in 1952 to a different crossing of the South Skunk River.
- Truss bridge over South Skunk River on Lincoln Highway
- Ames, Story County, Iowa
- Replaced by new bridge but relocated
- Built 1920; moved to 150th Street over the South Skunk River 1952.
- - Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa (Design)
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 154.2 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.02199, -93.59491 (decimal degrees)
42°01'19" N, 93°35'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/450747/4652388 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ames East
- Inventory number
- BH 49250 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 17, 2016: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: South Skunk
- June 21, 2013: New photo from Luke Harden
- July 29, 2011: Added by Luke Harden