UP - Floyd River Bridge
Deck plate girder bridge across the Floyd River. Destroyed by train derailment after heavy flooding 9/23/2018.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Floyd River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Alton, Sioux County, Iowa
- Destroyed by disaster
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railway (CMO)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 219.0 ft.
- Also called
- C&NW Bridge #769
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.99053, -96.00551 (decimal degrees)
42°59'26" N, 96°00'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/744121/4764115 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82939 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2018: Added by Daniel Barnes