Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #101884
Spans appear to be related to the 1897 bridge at Byron, Illinois, which was replaced 1928.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Rock River on Kiwians Trail
- Rock Valley, Sioux County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built Ca. 1895, relocated here at an unknown date, converted to pedestrian use by the Kiwanis Club
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 144.0 ft.
Total length: 655.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rock Valley Trail Bridge
MILW Bridge #R-780
MILW - Rock River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.20659, -96.31427 (decimal degrees)
43°12'24" N, 96°18'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/718179/4787259 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Rock Valley
- Inventory number
- BH 14420 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 29, 2021: New photos from John Marvig
- January 3, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- June 27, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- October 26, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added category "Howe lattice portal bracing"
- April 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad", "Wooden deck"
- December 3, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added GPS coordinates
- September 26, 2005: Posted photos from Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Frank Hicks
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com