The inside of the Skybridge contains kaleidoscopic lighting. The lighting consists of 228 LED fixtures and 8,036 individual lights. The LEDs are capable of displaying various patterns. The lighting color and patterns are adjusted for events occurring in the area. For example, a red, white, and blue color scheme is used for the 4th of July festivities, and a red and green colourscheme is used throughout Christmastime.
Photo taken by VisitQuadCities
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #252431
This bridge is notable because it is perceived by locals as a local landmark, just like the I74, Centennial, Crescent, and Arsenal bridges are considered their local landmarks.
- Cable-stayed bridge over River Drive (US67) on Pedestrian Pathway
- Davenport, Scott County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 2005
- - Holabird & Root of Chicago, Illinois (Architects)
- Neumann Monson PC of Iowa City, Iowa (Architects)
Total length: 575.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52029, -90.57494 (decimal degrees)
41°31'13" N, 90°34'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/702346/4599356 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Davenport East
- Inventory number
- BH 55991 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- April 11, 2013: Added by Luke Harden