Marlin E. Fogle Recreation Area Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel Barnes in December 2018
BH Photo #440156
Bridge was moved from 170th street over the Platte River (40.797968, -94.405719) in 2006- 2007.
"In the fall of 2003, the Ringgold county board of supervisors closed a portion of 170th Street in Grant township. The closed portion of the road contains a historical 130-foot bridge construction in 1910. The bridge is located four miles southwest of the Marlin Fogle Recreation Area.
A new project would save the historical bridge and put it to new use at the lake area as a pedestrian access bridge over the inlet of the lake between the campground and the boat ramp and walking trail.
The plan is for the bridge to provide an additional attraction to the park area and provide safe pedestrian access between area of the lake. Pedestrian access between the campground and boat ramps is currently provided only by travel out of the park by city streets and county highway or by use of a distant walking trail.
Fishing could also be done from the bridge allowing more fishing by people without boats."
- Pratt through truss bridge on walking path over inlet of Fogle lake
- Diagonal, Ringgold County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1910
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 129.9 ft.
Total length: 130.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Platte River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.81665, -94.34806 (decimal degrees)
40°48'60" N, 94°20'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/386311/4519278 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 69 N., R. 31 W., Sec. 10
- Inventory numbers
- IA 297490 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14339 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 30, 2018: New photos from Daniel Barnes
- May 13, 2013: Updated by Don Morrison: Added categories "7-panel truss", "Pin-connected", "Relocated"