N&W - Mosquito Creek Bridge
Prior bridge built 1894 & renewed in 1904.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Mosquito Creek on Wabash Trace Nature Trail
- Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1934; Abandoned 1984
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (NW)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Deck plate girder w/I-beam stringer approaches on both sides
Length of largest span: 62.0 ft.
Total length: 249.5 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #1309
Wabash - Mosquito Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.22509, -95.82879 (decimal degrees)
41°13'30" N, 95°49'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/262892/4567603 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Council Bluffs South
- Inventory number
- BH 53134 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 13, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- October 9, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- November 7, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added Wabash bridge number, original build date and renewal date; additional info in Description.
- February 1, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 16, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- April 3, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Wabash Trace Nature Trail", "Rail-to-trail"
- April 3, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Updated Status-rails to trails
- October 18, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed name
- August 11, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs