IAIS - Ashworth Park Bridge
Photo taken by Jeff Gitchel
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #231682
Formerly a double track bridge
- Warren Through Truss bridge over Trail and Walnut Creek on Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1897; Replaced 2017
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 113.0 ft.
Total length: 157.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.56860, -93.67931 (decimal degrees)
41°34'07" N, 93°40'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/443362/4602103 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Des Moines SW
- Inventory numbers
- IA 281000 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 49360 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/1999)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1996)
- June 7, 2017: Updated by Luke: Replaced
- April 24, 2017: Updated by Luke: Doomed
- July 4, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: added dimensions
- March 5, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- November 19, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Formerly double tracked bridge
- September 2, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway"
- May 10, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Riveted"
- January 25, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: This bridge is a subdivided Warren through truss
- January 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Iowa Interstate Railroad"
- August 15, 2011: Added by Luke Harden