A. M. Cohron fell off the bridge and drowned during construction.
- Haunched steel stringer bridge over Cedar River on Former alignment of 231st Street
- Muscatine County, Iowa
- Intact but closed to vehicular traffic.
- Built 1951
- - A. M. Cohron & Sons of Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa
- Haunched steel stringer
Length of largest span: 153.9 ft.
Total length: 682.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.40926, -91.28951 (decimal degrees)
41°24'33" N, 91°17'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/642964/4585601 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IA 257130 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 49606 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 28, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- June 24, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Haunched steel stringer"
- November 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs.
- November 14, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Merged NBI Data
- September 13, 2011: Added by Luke Harden