Walnut Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel Barnes in November 2017
BH Photo #412104
Appears like this bridge is being used by the local farmer. Roads leading up to the bridge are almost gone.
- Through truss bridge over Walnut Creek on 240 Street
- Montgomery County, Iowa
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1951
- - Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 123.0 ft.
Total length: 163.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.95933, -95.36218 (decimal degrees)
40°57'34" N, 95°21'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/301206/4536929 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 71 N., R. 39 W., Sec. 17
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 254930 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14132 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Sufficiency rating: 17.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 30, 2017: New photos from Daniel Barnes
- May 12, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Updated status based on satellite imagery. This bridge is closed.
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Daniel Barnes