APNC - 645th Avenue Overpass
Wabash Railroad Bridge #2786V.25
This bridge, located north of Moravia, Iowa is essentially identical to the Wabash bridge over IA Hwy. 202, south of Moulton, Iowa. That bridge was demolished in the 1990's after the former Wabash/Norfolk Southern line was pulled up.
Photo taken by James Holzmeier in February 2007
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #301471
In-service on the Appanoose Co. Railroad (APNC)
- Concrete deck girder bridge over 645th Avenue on APNC Railroad
- Monroe County, Iowa
- Open to rail traffic
- Grade separation project started & completed in 1938.
- - Appanoose County Community Railroad (APNC)
- Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Concrete deck girder bridge w/concrete (fluted) piers and abutments
Length of largest span: 36.0 ft.
Total length: 96.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #2786 V.25
Wabash - 645th Avenue Overpass
Wabash Railroad Bridge #2786 V 1/4
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.95510, -92.82151 (decimal degrees)
40°57'18" N, 92°49'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/515021/4533788 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 63624 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 31, 2015: Updated by Dave King: Corrected county: bridge is in Monroe County
- March 8, 2015: New photo from James Holzmeier
- January 28, 2015: New photo from James Holzmeier
- January 18, 2015: New photo from James Holzmeier
- December 27, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Updated bridge dimensions and build date (per Wabash RR documents)
- November 27, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added Wabash bridge number
- October 14, 2014: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Norfolk & Western Railway", "Norfolk Southern Railway"
- October 13, 2014: Added by James Holzmeier