UP - Miller Creek Bridge #4
Approaching from the East
View looking down the old ROW west towards the bridge, which is partially hidden in the trees.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in May 2013
BH Photo #253653
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Miller Creek on former UP RR
- Monroe County, Iowa
- Derelict/abandoned with rails removed
- Built 1904, Abandoned early 2000s
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- Phoenix Iron Works of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (Fabricator)
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa Central Railway (IAC)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren through truss with sub-panels
Span length: 103.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&StL Bridge #542
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.10783, -92.71486 (decimal degrees)
41°06'28" N, 92°42'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/523941/4550766 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55925 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- October 16, 2016: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 27, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- August 31, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: added photo information
- July 1, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: added fabricator
- May 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added type (Not sure if correct)
- May 13, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- March 29, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Union Pacific Railroad", "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway", "railroad"