UP - Miller Creek Bridge #3
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in May 2013
BH Photo #367600
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Miller Creek on former UP RR
- Monroe County, Iowa
- Derelict/abandoned with rails removed
- Built 1904, Abandoned early 2000s
- - Phoenix Iron Works of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (Fabricator)
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa Central Railway (IAC)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Through truss Warren with verticals, and diagonal sub-divided end panels (4), and horizontal divided center panels (2).
Span length: 103.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&StL Bridge #540
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.11533, -92.70278 (decimal degrees)
41°06'55" N, 92°42'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/524953/4551602 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55924 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- November 17, 2016: Updated by Fmiser: Expanded the text decription of the truss design type.
- November 16, 2016: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 16, 2016: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 27, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- August 31, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: added photo info
- July 1, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: added fabricator
- May 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added type (Not sure if correct)
- May 13, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- March 29, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad", "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway"