Wapsie-Great Western Line Trail - Wapsipinicon River Tributary Bridge
Approaching the bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith in September 2010
BH Photo #187594
This bridge used to cross the Little Cedar River NW of Riceville before it was relocated here in 1992 and open for bike use.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Unnamed Wapsipinicon River Tributary on Wapsi Great Western Bike Trail
- Mitchell County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1887; relocated to this spot in 1993 and has served the bike trail ever since
- Pin connected Pratt through truss bridge with Town Lattice Portal and heel bracing
Bridge has six panels
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Listed as a contributing resource to a designated historic district on the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.40475, -92.57285 (decimal degrees)
43°24'17" N, 92°34'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/534587/4805851 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47045 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 6, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed stream name.
- November 19, 2010: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com