Wapsipinicon River Bridge
Drove this road tonight, 24 November 2014.
Neighboring landowner stated that the old truss was replaced by a railroad flatcar bridge although the latest NBI entry says steel culvert. The road dips low east of the present crossing and is subject to flooding.
Current Bing imagery shows bridge missing.
- Pony truss bridge over Wapsipinicon River on 465 Street
- Mitchell County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1913, replaced 2010
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 109.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.43595, -92.61483 (decimal degrees)
43°26'09" N, 92°36'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/531171/4809299 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 100 N., R. 15 W., Sec. 33
- Average daily traffic (as of 2001)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 248820 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14073 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 24, 2014: Updated by Don Morrison: Bridge has been replaced