Little Cedar River Bridge
Please refer to the Wapsi Great Western Line Trail Bridge for the continuance of the story.
- Lost through truss bridge over Little Cedar River on 450th Street
- Mitchell County, Iowa
- Replaced by new bridge; truss bridge saved and relocated to Riceville to serve as a bike trail crossing
- Built 1887; replaced 1992- truss bridge relocated to Riceville to serve as a bike trail crossing
- Pin connected Pratt through truss bridge with Town Lattice portal and heel bracing. 6-panels
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 163.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.41489, -92.76445 (decimal degrees)
43°24'54" N, 92°45'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/519069/4806916 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 99 N., R. 16 W., Sec. 8
- Inventory numbers
- IA 248420 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 40660 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 19, 2010: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge; bridge was relocated to Riceville to be part of the bike trail system.
- March 1, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com