BNSF - Vine Street Bridge
BNSF Vine Street Bridge
Overview. This bridge is listed as a box culvert, and appears to be small enough to be such. This road leads to the Glenwood Resource Center.
Photo taken by John Marvig in November 2020
BH Photo #490819
NBI gives date of 1930, but realignment through Glenwood was built 1902-3.
- Slab bridge over Vine Street on BNSF Railway
- Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Burlington Northern Railroad (BN)
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
Length of largest span: 12.0 ft.
Total length: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.03824, -95.74128 (decimal degrees)
41°02'18" N, 95°44'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/269575/4546622 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92203 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2021: New photos from John Marvig
- February 19, 2021: Added by John Marvig