Wabash Trace Nature Trail - Snake Creek Bridge (East)
Rebuilt after the derailment with a deck plate girder and steel stringer spans. Girder is possibly secondhand.
- Deck Plate Girder Bridge over Snake Creek on Wabash Trace Nature Trail
- Mills County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Original bridge built 1898, Damaged by a derailment and repaired 1924-25 ; Abandoned 1984; Converted to trail ?
- - Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 44.0 ft.
Total length: 198.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #1271
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.14462, -95.67871 (decimal degrees)
41°08'41" N, 95°40'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/275198/4558270 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 64208 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added information, noted differing spans from previous posting
- November 24, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added image of 1928 Wabash wreck
- November 22, 2014: New Street View added by James Holzmeier