IARR - Iowa River Bridge (Albion)
Albion Rail Bridge
Bridge in Background
Photo taken by John Marvig in April 2014
BH Photo #282754
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Warren through truss bridge over Iowa River on Iowa River Rail Trail (Planned)
- Marshall County, Iowa
- Future prospects
- Awaiting conversion for trail usage as part of the Iowa River Rail Trail
- Built 1902, abandoned 2012
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Iowa Central Railway (IAC)
- Iowa River Railroad (IARR)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 138' Subdivided Warren through truss with 17 spans of trestle approach
Length of largest span: 136.0 ft.
Total length: 336.0 ft.
- Also called
- CNW - Iowa River Bridge (Albion)
M&StL - Iowa River Bridge (Albion)
M&StL Bridge #291
IRRT - Iowa River Bridge (Albion, Future Name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.09393, -92.98385 (decimal degrees)
42°05'38" N, 92°59'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/501335/4660205 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51825 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- December 26, 2016: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- October 27, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added build date
- April 25, 2014: New photos from John Marvig
- June 25, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge is to become a trail
- December 4, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- December 4, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Iowa River Railroad", "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- March 23, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Iowa River", "Railroad", "Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway"