Heart of Iowa Trail - Hoy Bridge
Photo taken by Bill Dunbar
BH Photo #203564
This bridge is 60 feet high from the ground, although the surrounding vegetation does not make it seem that high.
- Arch bridge over Clear Creek on Heart of Iowa Trail
- Marshall County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians on Heart of Iowa Trail
- Built 1912; Abandoned ca. 1982; Converted to trail 2003
- - Charles Frederick Loweth of Cleveland, Ohio (MILW Chief Engineer)
- H.E. Dudley (Contractor)
- J. H. Prior (MILW Bridge Designer)
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Open-spandrel arch
Span length: 212.0 ft.
Total length: 212.0 ft.
- Also called
- Heart of Iowa Trail - Clear Creek Bridge
MILW - Hoy Bridge
MILW Bridge Z1040
MILW - Clear Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.90713, -93.21111 (decimal degrees)
41°54'26" N, 93°12'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/482490/4639486 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MILW Bridge Z1040
BH 49066 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 2, 2017: New photo from Luke
- October 11, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- March 29, 2016: New photo from Luke
- February 19, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added info
- August 16, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- June 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added length
- June 23, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date
- June 22, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- June 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Chicago Great Western Railway"
- September 12, 2011: New photo from Luke Harden
- July 6, 2011: Added by Luke Harden