Old Highland Acres Road Bridge
Linn Creek Bridge
View from the south looking north
Photo taken by Dave King on September 24, 2013
BH Photo #267131
According to a blurry satellite image, this bridge appears to be extant but on a bypassed alingnment or a private driveway. This will require a visit from a Bridge Hunter to resolve the issue of location and status.
I marked this as open to pedestrians because the bridge has no signs marking it closed and nothing blocking the bridge. People can either take the pedestrian trail around the bridge or cross the bridge directly to the other side of the path.
- Steel stringer bridge over Linn Creek on a Old alignment of Highland Acres Road in Marshalltown
- Marshall County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1956
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 109.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.02034, -92.96064 (decimal degrees)
42°01'13" N, 92°57'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/503258/4652035 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 83 N., R. 18 W., Sec. 9
- Inventory numbers
- IA 242560 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 14019 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2007)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 29.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- September 24, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Added photos, changed status, fixed design & added 1960 map link
- February 21, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated bridge data