UP - 135th Street Overpass
UP 135th Street Overpass
Photo taken by John Marvig in June 2013
BH Photo #258096
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over 135th Street on Union Pacific Railroad
- Mahaska County, Iowa
- Open to railroad traffic above, road cut off from passing through the arch.
- Built 1901
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Span length: 15.1 ft.
Total length: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.45889, -92.64651 (decimal degrees)
41°27'32" N, 92°38'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/529521/4589760 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Sharon
- Inventory numbers
- IA 362740 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 56859 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- September 13, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- September 2, 2013: New photo from Dave King
- July 2, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- July 1, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- June 29, 2013: Added by Luke Harden