Valleyview Trail Bridge
Photo taken by James Baughn in August 2013
BH Photo #268253
- Through truss bridge over Middle River on Valleyview Trail
- Madison County, Iowa
- In the process of being moved to the city of Winterest to serve as part of a trail over the Cedar Lake spillway.
- Built 1911
- Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 170.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
- Also called
- Jurgensen Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.34342, -93.84989 (decimal degrees)
41°20'36" N, 93°50'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/428895/4577229 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Saint Charles
- Land survey
- T. 76 N., R. 26 W., Sec. 33
- Inventory numbers
- IA 233791 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13963 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 23.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- November 27, 2016: New photos from Kevin Skow
- October 7, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Updated status.
- August 19, 2015: New photo from Kevin Skow
- June 2, 2015: New photos from Kevin Skow
- May 13, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Added information on the planned relocation of this bridge
- April 30, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Updated condition
- October 21, 2014: New photos from Kevin Skow
- May 26, 2014: New photo from Lee Smith
- October 11, 2013: New photos from James Baughn
- January 26, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Lee Smith - ljsmith_32 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- WHO News - Bridge Move Story