History timeline as posited by the blogger at lucascountyan: Built 1898; Damaged by a falling tree & repaired; Rehabilitated 1956.
- Lost pratt pony truss bridge over Whitebreast Creek on Swede Hollow Road
- Lucas County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1898; Damaged by a falling tree & repaired; Rehabilitated 1956; replaced 2016
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 97.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Also called
- Whitebreast Creek Bridge
Swede Hollow Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.08389, -93.39411 (decimal degrees)
41°05'02" N, 93°23'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/466897/4548145 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 73 N., R. 22 W., Sec. 33
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numers
- IA 227700 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13914 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2014)
- Sufficiency rating: 19 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 3, 2016: Updated by Kevin Skow: Visited site. Bridge has been replaced with a steel stringer design.
- October 31, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added local name, noted that the bridge has been closed for over a year due to a truck damaging the bridge.
- May 2, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Fixed Location