Monkey Run Bridge
View from north
(A thick growth of poison ivy prevents a closer view.)
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in June 2013
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #259851
Note for other users: The NBI erroneously gives this the build date of 34. Iowa Primary 2/Iowa Highway 92 relocated onto its present route in 1934, but that bridge was a three-span concrete beam bridge that had developed cracks by the early 1950s.
- Arch bridge over Monkey Run on Walnut Street in Columbus Junction
- Columbus Junction, Louisa County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929
- - Howard O. Graham Construction Co. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa (Design)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Span length: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 49.9 ft.
Deck width: 46.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.28015, -91.36470 (decimal degrees)
41°16'49" N, 91°21'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/636949/4571146 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Columbus Junction
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 2470 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13863 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Sufficiency rating: 78.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 23, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- December 26, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- July 15, 2013: New photo from Roger Deschner
- August 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Bridge is NRHP Eligible.
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com