Squaw Creek Park Bridge
From a PDF report of County Owned Historic Sites & Properties:
Squaw Creek Park contains a 1926 concrete bridge built when the Lincoln Highway was re-routed. While not directly accociated with the Lincoln Highway, it does have some potential significance as well-preserved example of early concrete road structures and certainly warrant some consideration of its continued preservation. Additional research into its design and history should be conducted in order to fully evaluate National Register eligibility.
- Bridge over Branch of Squaw Creek on Ski Lodge Road
- Marion, Linn County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926 when the Lincoln Highway was rerouted
- Steel stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.01789, -91.55811 (decimal degrees)
42°01'04" N, 91°33'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/619382/4652767 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 56201 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 30, 2015: Updated by Dave King: Added category "Concrete inset railing"
- November 19, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- May 7, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed categories "US 30", "Lincoln Highway"
- May 7, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com