CNW - Cedar River Bridge (Old)
Build date provided by C&NW bridge records at the Chicago & North Western Railway Historical Society archives. This bridge matches several spans in South Dakota and Wyoming known to be installed there in approximately 1930, and may be the original location of those spans.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Cedar River on Chicago & North Western Railway
- Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1887; Replaced 1927
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Quadrangular lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 800.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.94568, -91.63518 (decimal degrees)
41°56'44" N, 91°38'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/613128/4644645 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84297 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from C&NW Bridge Records
- January 26, 2019: New photo from Luke