Soap Creek Bridge
BH Photo #282565
Skewed arch bridge featuring stiffening ribs and a thin barrel.
- Engineering News-Record 1934
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Soap Creek on Road
- Keokuk, Lee County, Iowa
- Built 1933
- - E.W. Blumschein of Ames, Iowa (State Bridge Engineer)
- Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa (Design)
- Lee Country Bridge Department
- Closed-spandrel arch
Span length: 47.0 ft.
Total length: 47.0 ft.
Deck width: 26.0 ft.
- Also called
- Skewed Arch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.39621, -91.41023 (decimal degrees)
40°23'46" N, 91°24'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/634917/4472947 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IA 6900 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 60751 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 22, 2014: Added by Luke Harden