35th Street Overpass
Whipple Truss span relocated from I&M Canal (Bridge #3D) in Chicago, Illinois and moved to Shopton, Iowa in 1934 to be used as a road bridge.
- Whipple through truss bridge over BNSF Fort Madison Yard on 35th Street in Fort Madison, Iowa
- Fort Madison, Lee County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1888 in Chicago, Illinois; Relocated Here 1934
- - Union Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York & Athens, Pennsylvania
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- 254' pin-connected Whipple through truss
80' pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 254.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF Bridge #235.0A
Shopton Yard Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.61841, -91.35791 (decimal degrees)
40°37'06" N, 91°21'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/638898/4497694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- ATSF 235.0A
BH 51417 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 18, 2020: New photos from Lee Smith
- June 24, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- October 17, 2015: New photo from Steve Conro
- December 21, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- December 6, 2013: New photo from Luke Harden
- April 23, 2013: New photo from Luke Harden
- January 5, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs.
- October 8, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- February 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Pin-connected"
- February 24, 2012: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Overview, Design, and Design description.
- February 23, 2012: Added by Luke Harden