Buffalo Creek Bridge
Bridge can be seen from Buffalo Road just outside Anamosa. Driveway is gated off with 'State Property No Trespassing' signs posted. Was able to walk along the fence in a field, not fenced off, with no signs to get the close shot.
- Through Truss Bridge over Buffalo Creek on State Property
- Jones County, Iowa
- Open to authorized state personnel
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 102.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.12412, -91.32039 (decimal degrees)
42°07'27" N, 91°19'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/638832/4664922 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic
- Inventory numbers
- IA 699785 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 56184 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2011)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 48.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 21, 2015: Updated by Dave King: Added categories "Howe Lattice Portal", "Lattice Railing"
- May 5, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Merged what I believe in the NBI data.
- May 5, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com