Moore's Ford Bridge
The stone abutments are all that remain of the Moore's Ford Bridge.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2013
BH Photo #252097
The Moore's Ford Bridge was listed on the NRHP in 1996. One might assume the bridge was extant at that time, however, it does not appear on the 1992 NBI list. There is nothing left of the bridge but stone abutments. 25th Avenue comes to an end, several yards from either abutment, at private property. No other trace of a road or the bridge exists.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over White Water Creek on 25th Avenue
- Jones County, Iowa
- Demolished - Removed but not replaced
- Built 1884 by Morse Bridge Company, Removed betwixt 2002 aerial imagery and the 2004 aerial imagery
- - Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.27971, -90.92822 (decimal degrees)
42°16'47" N, 90°55'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/670829/4682911 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 98000538 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 55971 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 5, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added removal date range based on aerial imagery.
- April 5, 2013: Added by J.R. Manning